Extra Virgin Olive Oil
All About Oils premium 100% Australian first cold pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil is produced from a blend of carefully selected varieties — Frantoio and Moraiolo, grown in north west region of Western Australia, where the rich fertile soils and climate similar to the Mediterranean guarantee quality olive oil. Every season we combine chosen olives, pressed within 24 hours of picking to create a superb oil, full of flavour with a pleasant fresh aroma, fruity flavours and a hint of pepper. It is rich in beneficial antioxidants and nutrients and perfect for use in salads, as a dipping oil and for many different types of cooking applications
Classification of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
This is the highest grade of olive oil with its naturally perfect aroma and flavour, and free fatty acid levels of no more than 0.8%. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is cold pressed (to extract the oil at room temperature, without the use of additional heat), no additives, preservatives and have no defects.
How can you tell if your oil is Extra Virgin or not?
One simple way to test it at home is to pop a little in the fridge over a couple of nights, if after that time it is still in liquid form and clear, then it is more than likely NOT the real thing.
100% cold pressed Extra Virgin Olive oil will go hazy in cool temperatures, and in extreme cold temperatures like your refrigerator, will crystallise and thicken. Once taken out and reaches a temperature of above 8º – 10º, it will then go back to its’ liquid form.
The only way to be 100% sure is to have your supplier supply you with the specifications including a chemical analysis of the oil.
Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is low in saturated fat and has high levels of monounsaturated fat with high natural anti-oxidants makes this a very health oil.
Some benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil include:
- Contains a wide variety of valuable antioxidants that are not found in other oils which may help to lower bad cholesterol and maintain the beneficial HDL cholesterol.
- Helps to lower blood cholesterol and reduce your chance of heart disease when you eat it instead of saturated fat in your diet.
- High in a wide variety of antioxidants that are not found in other oils. These antioxidants help protect against heart disease and cancer.
- May help reduce blood clotting and ultimately heart disease.
- May help bolster the immune system against external attacks from microorganisms, bacteria or viruses. The fatty acids in olive oil are good allies in lowering important immunological parameters.
- Olive oil is also good for the stomach, hepato-bilary system, pancreas, and intestines. It helps with anti-aging, osteoporosis, cognitive function and skin damage. It is also beneficial to consume olive oil during pregnancy and whilst breast feeding.
- Contains a protective element which may assist against certain malignant tumours in the breast, prostate, endometrium and digestive tract.
Has a shelf life of 2 years.
If the temperature is below 8 degrees C the oil will solidify, once the temperature goes above this it will then go back to its liquid state.
- 5 L Container
- 10 L Drum with tap
- 20 L Drum with tap
- 200 L Drum with 50mm Tap
- 1000 L Tank